Do you love having friends over but are tired of them complaining about sleeping on the couch? If so, we suggest you invest in a handy air mattress. These easy to inflate beds are also a great option if you’re always traveling or an outdoor enthusiast.
Want to learn more about these beds? This detailed buyer’s guide will teach you everything you need to know about this handy product.
Best King Size Mattress
Best Queen Size Mattress
- Winner: SoundAsleep Dream Series Air Mattress
- Runner Up: Lazery Sleep Air Mattress – Raised Electric Airbed
- Alternative: Intex Pillow Rest Raised Airbed
How To Spot The Best Air Mattress
If you’re on the hunt for the perfect air mattress, here are a couple of features you should look out for to get the best value for your money:
- Offers Plenty of Support: A quality air bed won’t feel lumpy. Instead, it will distribute air equally, providing ample support to your back. Opt for a mattress that is sturdy can has a network of internal chambers and air coils for added comfort. Most comfortable models have a coil count of up to 30 whereas some queen-sized beds may have a larger coil count.
- Convenient Storage: Most people purchase air mattresses for travel, camping, and other temporary condition. The whole point of having an air mattress is that you can roll it up and store it away when it’s not in use. The best air mattresses are lightweight and easy to carry when packed way. Some models also come with a carry bag for added convenience.
- Easy to Inflate or Deflate: Waiting for the mattress to inflate and can be frustrating if you have plenty of other chores lined up. The process can be even more time-consuming if you are trying to blow up a queen sized mattress. Most high-end mattresses feature an electric or inbuilt pump. Ensure the air valves of the mattress are well-adapted for the pump. This step will prevent air leaks.
- Warranty: A warranty is a testimony of how much a company values its customers. A single leak can cause the mattress to become useless for you. The most high-end brands come with a warranty that covers both the pump and the bed. Opt for an air mattress that comes with at least a one year warranty.
Factors To Consider When Purchasing An Air Mattress
Similar to pull-out sofas, air mattresses tend to have a bad reputation for being uncomfortable or bad for your back, which can make choosing the right air mattress a difficult task. Rest assured, if you have made the right decision, an air mattress can be an excellent way of providing your guests with a comfortable night’s sleep.
These mattresses are available for as little as $10 and can go up to $200. To ensure you have made the right decision, we have compiled a list of factors you should consider when investing in an air mattress:
Consider The Size
When investing in an air mattress, it’s important you pay attention to its size similar to traditional mattresses. If you’re a camper, it is essential you opt for a small, lightweight mattress that won’t be difficult to carry around. However, if you have space and budget, you can opt for larger sizes ranging from a twin, queen or king.
Aside from the space, you’ll require to set up the mattress, don’t forget to consider storage problems. The air mattress must be easy to store when it is not in use and must not take up too much room. Fortunately, most air mattresses can be folded down to a compact size.
What Kind Of Guests Will You Be Having
Who will use the mattress you are buying? Is it for your kid’s slumber party at home or an adult? Sleeping on the couch isn’t always comfortable for guests, especially if they are suffering from back problems. Older guests will benefit from an air mattress that is made using thicker, more comfortable materials.
Some fancy, high-end air mattresses also feature an attached bed frame that is excellent for fussy guests. However, keep in mind that these mattresses are typically heavier and may be difficult to store.
Blowing up balloons for a birthday party can be hard work so trying to blow air into a mattress definitely won’t be any easier. While some people may be tempted to save a few bucks by investing in an air mattress that requires hand pump or lung pump to inflate, the time-consuming task isn’t worth it.
This reason is why you should purchase an air mattress with an inbuilt pump. Most pumps guarantee that you can inflate and deflate the mattress in a matter of minutes. This feature makes it easier for folks to tidy up afterward or set up the mattress quickly if somebody happens to stop by unannounced. Additionally, you can plug some pricier models directly into an outlet.
Additional features are always cool to have if you like having the best of everything. These specs may cost you a little extra, so be ready. Some high-end air mattresses may include an LED light at the bottom of the bed. This feature comes in handy during midnight bathroom breaks. It also serves as a nightlight if you can’t sleep in the dark or have to get up for a glass of water.
Additionally, some mattresses may include a USB port for charging laptops, phones, and tablets overnight while others may have an indicator to determine when it’s time to pump air in the mattress again. This feature ensures the bed remains firm throughout the night resulting in a comfortable night’s rest.
Times have changed which means that you will find air mattresses that are comfortable for sleeping. However, don’t opt for flimsy models or else you will risk hurting your back. Most air mattresses today are made using PVC, rubber or vinyl.
The only problem is that these materials can result in a slippery feel when you’re trying to get some sleep. For added comfort, opt for an air mattress with a memory foam mattress topper. The cozy top will not only keep you warm but will prevent you from sliding off the floor. Using fluffy blankets is also a good option if you want to make sleeping in an air mattress more comfortable.
When investing in an air mattress, you can choose a model with or without a frame. It’s worth noting that the most high-end models come with a frame. A framed mattress offers better structure and results in a more orthopedic feel, holding the spine in a healthy position. To inspect whether if the mattress has a frame or not, simply press your hand on the edge and inspect its elasticity. If the edge feels solid, it has a frame.
Our Recommendations: The Best Air Mattresses
For your convenience, we have compiled a list of some of the best air mattresses in town according to different categories:
Best King Size Air Mattress
In our opinion the best king size mattresses:
Winner – Air Mattress KING size
The brand Air Mattress has been around for around almost 12 years. The company focuses on providing its users’ durability, easy storage, and comfort. Problems such as lumpy surfaces, leaky valves, and stretchy vinyl can all get in the way of one’s perfect night’s sleep.
This reason is why Air Mattress King- Size Best Choice RAISED Inflatable Bed has been constructed using the best materials. So, whether you are in search of a guest bed or are heading out for a road trip, the Air Mattress King is all you will need.
The Air Mattress King Size Inflatable Bed with Fitted Sheet and Bed Skirt – makes you disregard that fact that you are sleeping on an air bed. It also comes with skirting. This mattress impresses your friends and loves ones during an outdoor trip or when used as an additional bed.
The beautiful bed skirt is easily removable for easy cleaning and washing. This air bed features a coil construction to provide comfort. It also adds durability to the product. Built to sustain long-term use, it can sustain a weight of roughly 600lbs.
Many air beds that we buy are vulnerable to stretching. However, this product is produced with an additional coating of nylon laminate to prevent stretching, which makes it durable than most other mattresses that come under the same price. The added bamboo fitted sheet cover provides the experience you get out of a real foam mattress. You can easily remove it for washing.
The electric pump is built-in, allowing users to inflate and deflate the bed easily. All models come with an alternate pinch valve to utilize if there is no electricity. Built to look and function like a regular bed, this is a fashionable choice among consumers. It comes with a multitude of features to serve people who prefer using air mattresses for their guests or outdoor ventures.
The cozy and environment-friendly air mattress is suitable for both home and recreational use. Made out of only high-quality materials, all models pass premium quality checks to ensure that every air mattress performs to the fullest. You get a safe and flawless performance to entertain your family and guests.
Runner Up – Best Price Mattress 8″ Air Mattress
With the Best Price Mattress 8” Air Flow Memory Foam Mattress, you can enjoy a wonderful night’s sleep. The mattress has been designed to comfort the user in every way possible.
This hypoallergenic mattress guarantees a good night’s sleep to help you wake up feeling refreshed every morning.
Now you can enjoy a comfy sleep experience on this mattress since it the brand makes it using the best of high-quality materials. The memory foam easily conforms to any individual’s body shape to relieve pressure points.
The mattress provides ultimate comfort to your head and shoulders as well as your lower back by evenly distributing your weight.
The topmost layer is an inch of high quality breathable, cool foam with a small fiber layer for comfort. This feature prevents the potential buildup of heat. While, the second layer is a two-inch heat sensitive memory foam blended with charcoal, tea leaf extracts, and natural castor oil. These infusions guarantee a great smelling mattress that does not use chemicals to give off a repugnant smell.
The two-inch ventilated cool foam allows air to pass in and out of the foam easily. Whereas, the 4″ high-density foam means you get a durable memory foam mattress that is built to sustain decades of use. Thanks to its modern and updated design, you get a valuable air-flow mattress that conveniently allows air to flow in and out.
It is a perfect choice for individuals who are seeking a King-sized mattress. It offers sufficient back support and ensures adequate coolness to serve as a great mattress during hot and humid days.
Not only, The Best Price 8” Memory Foam King mattress, provides extraordinary relief at all pressure points, but it also comes with a trendy design that allows breathability to add a cooling effect to the mattress.
Best Queen Size Air Mattress
In our opinion the best queen size mattresses:
Winner – SoundAsleep Dream Series Air Mattress
Whether you have friends staying over the night or are preparing for an exciting camping adventure, having a quality air mattress is essential. This feature ensures your guest enjoys a comfortable night’s sleep without suffering back problems or other issues.
SoundAsleep is a brand you can trust because of its spotless reputation in the market. The brand combines modern technology while paying attention to the needs and requirements of the consumers. This feature results in optimal customer satisfaction.
SoundAsleep is among the best brands of air mattresses on the market, combining modern technology with old-school comfort. The Dream Series Air Mattress the brand offers is among the best on the market.
Here is a look at the top features of this air mattress:
- Queen-Size Design: This mattress is queen-size, which is optimal for any user. The dimensions of the mattress are 78 inches by 58 inches by 19 inches, when fully inflated, which means that the height of the mattress off the ground is 19 inches, ensuring great comfort and stability.
- ComfortCoil Technology: SoundAsleep emphasizes comfort with their mattresses, incorporating no less than 40 air coils in this mattress. The air coils offer even weight distribution and support while enhancing comfort. In other words, this mattress will help you stay Sound Asleep.
- Inflation & Deflation: The mattress features an internal pump for inflation and deflation. You simply need to click it, and it will start working. The mattress takes only four minutes to deflate and inflate fully. You can easily fold the mattress after it deflates completely, making it easier for you to store and transport it wherever you want.
- Sure Grip Bottom: The bottom of this mattress features ‘Sure Grip’ technology, which ensures that the mattress stays firmly in place. There is no risk of sliding, which is important when it comes to an air mattress.
Runner Up – Lazery Sleep Air Mattress – Raised Electric Airbed
The Lazery Sleep Air Mattress is one of the most comfortable inflatable beds in the market. The soft top ensures users can enjoy a comfortable night’s sleep without any disturbances. Best of all, the mattress comes with its pump, which you can simply plug into the wall.
Simply click on the button, and the mattress will start filling up with air. The channels built in the top function are designed to increase support, guaranteeing comfort while sleeping.
You’ll be pleased to know that the air pump inflates the mattress in only a matter of four minutes. This feature is perfect for folks who want to save time. The air pump also eliminates the need for a manual pump that would require a comparatively long time to set up.
Simply put the mattress on the floor, and it will be ready for use in just a matter of seconds. You can also deflate the mattress as fast, resulting in a quick cleanup. Some notable features of the product include:
- Heavy Duty Air Bed: The air mattress offers plenty of support and comfort similar to a traditional bed. The double height mattress is perfect for guests who will be staying overnight or for camping trips.
- Built-in Electric Pump: Thanks to the powerful electric pump, you can fill the mattress up in about 4 minutes. Additionally, the mattress also has an auto-shutoff feature that helps during inflation and deflation. This feature also adds convenience and safety for the user.
- 1-Year Warranty: The mattress includes a dual chamber design with 40 coils inside the mattress. Customers will be pleased to know that the air mattress comes with a 1-year warranty. Additionally, if you have any problems, you can contact customer service. The waterproof top also ensures the longevity of the product.
- 7 Remote Settings: You can control the firmness of the mattress by using the electric control settings. This feature allows folks to inflate or deflate the air mattress according to their convenience. Rest assured, the mattress will remain inflated throughout the night.
- Portable Convenience: Customers will be pleased to know that the mattress can be folded up. Plus, you can conveniently fit it inside a closet or in the RV when you are traveling. You can pack the mattress in the bag for easy transportation.
Alternative – Intex Pillow Rest Raised Airbed
The Intex Pillow Rest Raised Airbed is an excellent air bed that works great for campers and guests. College students who are moving into their new dorms will also benefit from this mattress since it offers no hassle at all. For easy transport, the air bed comes with a duffle bag which can also be used to store the airbed out of sight.
Its twin size is excellent for little kids, teenagers or single adults. The flocking on the top boosts comfort and prevents guests from slipping off the bed. For added comfort, the bed also includes a built-in pillow on the top.
This feature is great for campers since they won’t have to carry a pillow or bear any extra weight. For easy inflation and deflation, the built-in pump operates in just a matter of three minutes.
- Built-In Electric Pump: The queen airbed comes with an inflatable airbed that is excellent for home use, which eliminates the need for a hand or foot pump and guarantees extra comfort and convenience for the user. You can inflate and deflate the air mattress in only a matter of minutes for added convenience.
- Durable Construction: The bed comprises high-quality materials, which ensure you get great value for money. The waterproof flocked top improves comfort and raises the air bed about 16.5 inches from the floor.
- Affordability: Unlike other air beds on the market, this one is available for a relatively low price, making it a great option for campers and people who are always on the move.
- Convenient Carry Bag: College students, travelers, and campers will be pleased to know that the air mattress comes with a convenient carry bag. This step results in simple transportation and convenient storage.
- Versatility: Whether you are having guests over or need something for camping, the Intex Pillow Rest Raised Airbed is an excellent choice. The air bed offers sufficient comfort so that you can comfortably sleep through the night no matter where you are.
Buying the right air mattress requires plenty of research, especially since there are many different brands and types available today. We hope our handy buyer’s guide will make it easier for you to make the right decision. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask us in the comment section below.